Our economy does not work for many people on In-work benefits and poverty pay. We also have to acknowledge that endless economic growth is not sustainable, and automation will continue to have a major impact on job security.
As a Green MP I would:
- Support a Green New Deal, founded on investment and support for expanding new technologies that will create new jobs.
- Ensure fair pay, through a true living wage, and pay ratios to stop the pay gap increasing year on year.
- Support a Robin Hood Tax on the banks and the closure of tax loopholes.
- Ensure workers rights are protected, tackling exploitative zero-hour contracts and exploitative unpaid internships.
- Promote flexible working and 4-day working weeks.
- Investigate the feasibility of a Universal Basic Income.