The Green Party has long recognised the importance of putting the environment at the heart of all policy-making. But we have run out of time and can no longer take baby steps in tackling the climate emergency. This is a #ClimateElection.
As a Green Party MP I would:
- Back the Green New Deal
- Take serious action on climate change by working with other countries to ensure global temperatures do not rise beyond 2 degrees.
- Phase out fossil-fuel based energy generation and favour clean energy over nuclear.
- Invest in a public programme of renewable generation, flood defences and building insulation.
- Encourage divestment from fossil fuels
- Keep environmental protection at the top of the Brexit agenda
- Face up to the big 6 Energy companies
- Take Climate chaos seriously
- Support programmes to deliver energy-efficient homes
- Kick fossil fuels out of politics